Get Involved With Zotero
Zotero is an independent open-source project, and it depends on the support of its users and developer community. Whether it’s requesting new features, reporting bugs, encouraging institutional adoption, contributing code, or developing tools or plugins, there is an important role for you to play in Zotero’s present and future.
Zotero’s development and operating costs are funded entirely by individual and institutional Zotero storage subscriptions.
- Upgrade your individual storage subscription to synchronize the entire contents of your Zotero library, including PDFs, images, web snapshots, and any other Zotero files
- Adopt Zotero for your whole lab or entire institution with an organization-wide subscription for unlimited personal and group cloud storage
- Make a donation to the Roy Rosenzweig Center for History and New Media, the lab where Zotero was born and which develops other projects like it
If you have programming skills or want to develop them, there are many ways to contribute to Zotero or build on it. All Zotero code is free and open-source, and hosted on GitHub.
- Use the API to integrate Zotero data into your own application or website
- Write a translator to make it easier for Zotero import publications
- Create a citation style for to format references
- Contribute bug fixes or new features to Zotero’s core code
Document and Help
You don’t need to be a developer to help with documentation and support.
- Edit the wiki to make our documentation more useful and concise
- Help with translations so more people can enjoy Zotero
- Follow the forums to answer questions, report bugs, and support new users
Spread the Word
If you love Zotero, tell the world about it. Here are some ideas to get you started.
- Request free stickers and stick them everywhere
- Add a Zotero button to your website
- Give a demo at your institution
Keep in Touch
The more you know about Zotero, the better, so keep in touch with the Zotero community.
- Introducing ZoteroBib: Perfect bibliographies in minutes
- Zotero 5.0.36: New PDF features, faster citing in large documents, and more
- Zotero 5.0 and Firefox: Frequently Asked Questions
- New Features for Chrome and Safari Connectors
- A Unified Zotero Experience