We're in the process of updating the documentation for Zotero 5.0. Some documentation may be outdated in the meantime. Thanks for your understanding.
Many of Zotero's features can be customized via the Zotero preferences window.
The preferences in the preference window are divided over the following tabs:
- General - adjust appearance and set miscellaneous features.
- Sync - set your username, password and (if desired) WebDAV server for syncing.
- Search - turn full-text indexing of PDFs on and off and see relevant statistics.
- Export - specify how bibliographies are generated
- Cite - add and remove citation styles
- Proxies - configure proxy server settings (not available in Zotero Standalone)
- Shortcut Keys - configure keyboard shortcuts for Zotero
- Advanced - storage location, database integrity
In addition to the preferences shown in the Zotero preferences window, Zotero has a number of hidden preferences that only can be changed by opening about:config under the Advanced tab of Preferences.