Plugins for Zotero
Note: for apps and plugins for mobile devices, see mobile.
Import/Export of Item Metadata & Attachments
- ZotFile, by Joscha Legewie.
- Zotero plugin to automatically rename, move, and attach PDFs (or other files) to Zotero items.
AutoZotBib, by Robin Wilson
- This plugin has been deprecated by the author, who suggests that Zotero BetterBibTeX is used instead
Keeps a BibTeX output file automatically in-sync with your Zotero library Caution: Users with larger libraries report very long (several minutes) delays when creating new items in Zotero with this plugin enabled
- Zotero Scholar Citations, by Anton Beloglazov.
- Add Google Scholar citation counts to items in your Zotero library.
- Report Cleaner, by Jason Priem.
- Web form to customize your Zotero reports.
- Zotero Report Customizer, by Emiliano Heyns.
- Plugin to customize your Zotero reports.
- Delicious Library Export, by fparsons.
- Export items from Delicious Library into Zotero.
- Zotero Autoexport, by Robert Kühn.
- Zotero plugin to export manually as batch mode or automatically by time / changings
- select from Saved searches, group libraries or collections
- postprocessing by external scripts
- Storage Scanner, by Emiliano Heyns.
- Scans your library for missing attachments
- Better Bib(La)TeX, by Emiliano Heyns.
- Make Zotero useful for us LaTeX holdouts:
- drag-and-drop citations
- set your own citation keys
- cleaner (de)LaTeXifier
- configurable citekey generator
- and much, much more! Now for the low, low price of exactly zero $CURRENCY!
- Date Grabber, by Emiliano Heyns.
- Tries to set the date from the Last Modified header from the URL if the date is not set
- OPDS Server, by Emiliano Heyns.
- Download your attachments into your e-reader using OPDS
- Dontprint, by Robert Bamler.
- Reformat PDF attachments to optimize for small screens and send them to your e-reader via e-mail
- ZoteroQuickLook, by Mikko Ronkko.
- Zotero plugin adding Quick Look functionality to Zotero.
- Zutilo, by Will Shanks
- Adds additional editing functions and exposes Zotero function for uses with keyconfig or similar plugins.
- Zoterodactyl, by Will Shanks
- Pentadactyl plugin providing key mappings for common Zotero commands. Key mappings for Zutilo are provided in a separate plugin.
- FireTray, by Francesco Foudil. Adds minimize to system tray functionality for Linux (works for other applications, too).
- Zotero bibliography Locale Switcher, by Maxime Rigo. Adds a menu to Zotero to quickly change the locale used to render citations and bibliographies.
- Zotero Voyant Export, by Cora Johnson-Roberson
- Visualize your Zotero collections using Voyant.
- SEASR Analytics for Zotero, by Boris Capitanu.
- Analyze Zotero items in the SEASR Analytics environment.
- Warning: There are multiple reports for this plugin interfering with Zotero's quick copy ability
- Auto Index, by Emiliano Heyns.
- A Zotero extension which keeps the full-text index updated. Beta release. If you have ZotFile installed, Auto-index will also kick off auto-extraction of notes.
- ZotNet, by Christy Byrd.
- Allows you to create network maps of Zotero items using the Related feature.
- Zotpress, by Katie Seaborn.
- WordPress plugin to show Zotero citations on WordPress (with an optional thumbnail image).
- COinS Metadata Exposer, by Zotero.
- WordPress plugin to embed a COinS tag in each blog post, making metadata visible to Zotero (post title, author, date, blog title, categories, and URL).
- ScholarPress Coins, by CHNM.
- COinS WordPress Plugin, by Peter Binkley.
- WordPress plugin to embed a COinS tag to something other than the blog post itself (such as a journal article or book). The COinS entries can be made in the post editor.
- Open Book, by John Miedema.
- WordPress Plugin to display a book's cover image, title, author, publisher and other metadata from Open Library.
- WordPress unAPI Server, by Mike Giarlo and Peter Binkley.
- WordPress Plugin to exposes blog metadata via unAPI.
- ZotSpip, by Joseph Larmarange.
- SPIP plugin to synchronise a Zotero library with SPIP (a content management system). References can be presented in web pages and searched through a dedicated webpage. A complementary plugin (BiblioCheck) allows a research unit to manage corrections to apply to the unit bibliography. (PHP)
- Drupal module that provides one-way syncing from Zotero to Drupal's biblio module.
- Omeka plugin to import items from Zotero into an Omeka repository.
- Show any Zotero library, collection, or group on any web site, e.g., your own publications page. Example.
- Zot_Bib_Web, by David Reitter.
- Generates interactive web bibliographies based on one or more collections in a Zotero repository. The content generated is static. The program is meant to be run regularly.
Word Processor Integration
- word processor plugins, by Zotero.
- Cite items from your Zotero library in Microsoft Word and/or LibreOffice/OpenOffice.org.
- zotxt, by Erik Hetzner.
- RTF/ODF-Scan for Zotero, by Frank Bennett, Sebastian Karcher.
- enables active citations in any wordprocessor capable of saving/exporting to .odt (e.g.Scrivener, Google Docs) Step 1: insert citations in your wordprocessor of choice; step 2: export document to Libre/Open/NeoOffice; step 3: convert markers to live Zotero citations.
- LyZ, by willsALMANJ.
- Zotero plugin for integration with the LyX TeX editor.
- Zot2Bib, by George MacKerron.
- Zotero plugin for integration with the BibDesk bibliographic manager for Mac OS X.
- Abbreviation Filter, by Frank Bennett.
- Replace terms (e.g. journal titles) in citations with their abbreviation. See the May 2014 release announcement on the CitationStylist site for usage notes. To review past discussion of the plugin, see the relevant forum thread (note that many early issues have been resolved in recent plugin releases). Works with both official Zotero and MLZ.
- Zotero to InDesign export, by Kai
- Basic implementation of a Zotero to Indesign export, allowing for LaTeX style citations of Zotero items in Adobe's InDesign
- Cite items from your Zotero library in Sublime Text.
- Zotero Uppercase Subtitles (propachi-upper), by Frank Bennett.
- Entering titles in “sentence case” is strongly recommended. The first character of a subtitle (following a colon) should be set in lowercase, unless it is a proper noun or acronym. Styles will convert titles to “title case” as necessary–with one exception. While some styles do require that the first character of a subtitle be set in uppercase, CSL does not yet support this behavior. When this plugin is installed and enabled, the first character of subtitles will be capitalized in citations and bibliographies (for all styles, not just those that require it). This plugin is a temporary workaround for users who require it, pending support for this option in CSL.
- Atom Zotero integration, by Emiliano Heyns.
- Cite items from your Zotero library in Atom Editor.
- Brackets Zotero integration, by Wasif Hasan Baig.
- Cite items from your Zotero library in Adobe Brackets.
- Reference Extractor, by Rintze Zelle.
- Extract embedded Zotero and Mendeley references from Word .docx files for import into Zotero.
Plugins listed below are known to have been abandoned and are incompatible with current versions of Zotero, or are otherwise unsuitable for general use.
|Vertov: Annotate Media Files||Concordia Digital History Lab||Project Home||Media annotating plugin for Zotero. This plugin is currently not maintained and does not work with Zotero 2.x.|
|ZoteroExport||Viktor Nagy||Project Home||Adds additional export options for attachments, e.g. to export files to e-book readers.|
|Zotz||Ryan Lee||Project Home |
|Publish citations from Zotero to a SIMILE Exhibit in one step. Works only with Firefox 2, and therefore is incompatible with Zotero 2.x.|
|Zotero Item History||Frank Bennett||Source||This provided per-collection “back” and “forward” buttons, a navigable pull-down selection list, and collective capture of navigation history. The plugin does not work with recent Zotero releases, and is no longer maintained.|
|VUE 3 Plugin for Zotero||Mike Korcynski||VUE forum entry||Mind-map your Zotero items. It's no longer compatible with new Firefox and Zotero versions.|
|Paper Machines||Cora Johnson-Roberson||Source||Provided visualization/topic modeling of Zotero collections. No longer compatible with latest Zotero/Firefox.|
|Zotero Maps||Entropy Free LLC and Zotero||Source||Allowed Zotero items to be explored on a map. No longer compatible with latest Zotero/Firefox.|