Zotero Web API (Version 1)
This is an old version of the Zotero Web API. For new development, use API version 3.
Known implementations of the Zotero Web API include:
- https://github.com/fcheslack/libZotero (PHP and Python)
- https://github.com/urschrei/pyzotero (Python)
- https://github.com/clioweb/phpZotero (PHP, no longer maintained)
The API forms a fundamental part of several projects, including:
- The online library view at zotero.org, which is built using the same API
- Zotpress, a WordPress plugin for including citations to items in your Zotero library in blog posts. The plugin makes extensive use of the read API and implements both key-based and OAuth for access control.
- Biblio Bouts, an game where participants compete to collect high quality sources online. The game uses the API to see what items participants have saved.
- phpZoteroWebDAV, a WebDAV implementation in PHP which allows users to sync their attachments to their own webservers, including an online library and attachment view building off the read API. (AGPL)
- Scanner for Zotero, Android app which saves items to Zotero libraries using the write API (Java, GPL-licensed)
- Zandy Android app using the read and write APIs to provide full access to Zotero libraries (Java, AGPL-licensed)
- ZotPad iPad/iPhone app using the read and file upload APIs to provide read access to Zotero libraries and read/write access to attachment files. Write access is planned. (Objective C, GPL-licensed)