Word Processor Integration
Using Microsoft Word, LibreOffice, or Google Docs? Zotero's word processor integration allow you to add citations and bibliographies directly from your documents.
If you just want to quickly add references to a paper, email, or blog post, Zotero's Quick Copy is the easiest way to go. Simply select items in the center column and drag them into any text field. Zotero will automatically create a formatted bibliography for you. To copy citations instead of references, hold down Shift at the start of the drag.
- Select the export format
- Set up site-specific export settings
- Choose whether you want Zotero to include HTML markup when copying
You can also use Edit → Copy Bibliography or press Ctrl/Cmd-Shift-C to copy bibliography entries to your system clipboard and then paste them into documents. To copy citations instead of bibliography entries, use Edit → Copy Citation or Ctrl/Cmd-Shift-A.
In addition to bibliographic output, Quick Copy also supports export formats such as BibTeX and RIS.
Right-Click to Create Citation/Bibliography
To create a bibliography or a citations list in Zotero, highlight one or more references and then right-click (or control-click on Macs) to select “Create Bibliography from Selected Item(s)…”. Then select a citation style for your citation/bibliography format and choose either to create a list of Citations/Notes or a Bibliography. Then choose one of the following four ways to create your citation/bibliography:
- Save as RTF will allow you to save the bibliography as a rich text file.
- Save as HTML will allow you to save the bibliography as a HTML file for viewing in a web browser. This format will also embed metadata allowing other Zotero users viewing the document to capture bibliographic information.
- Copy to Clipboard will allow you to save the bibliography to your clipboard to paste into any text field.
- Print will send your bibliography straight to a printer.
With RTF Scan, you can write in plain text, and use Zotero to finalize your citations and bibliographies in the style you want.