Zotero 1.5 Beta Released: Join Us In The Clouds
We are excited to announce two major releases. This morning the Zotero team launched both Zotero 1.5 and the first release of Zotero’s web application. Watch the screencast below for details on 1.5 and see the list below for a brief list of Zotero’s new features.
- Automatic synchronization of collections across multiple computers. For example, sync your PC at work with your Mac laptop and your Linux desktop at home.
- Free automatic backup of your library data at Zotero.org.
- Automatic synchronization of your attachment files to a server of your choice (e.g. iDisk, Jungle Disk, or university-provided web storage).
- Recover recently deleted items with Zotero’s trash can.
- Rich-text notes
- New style manager allowing you to add and delete CSLs and legacy style formats
- Automatic detection of PDF metadata (author, title, etc.)
- Automatic detection and support for proxy servers
- Browse through your library online.
- New user profiles tied to Zotero accounts.
- Preliminary support for following other Zotero users: In the future this will generate a twitter-like feed of users public research activity.
- WYSIWYG CV creator, with the ability to dynamically generate all or part of your CV from Zotero collections.
- Search for friends, colleagues, and other users by institutional affiliation, username, email address, or field of interest.