In order to provide and ensure the quality of the Zotero server service, we store the following technical data:
- Data associated with your account, such as login information (e.g. usernames)
- Data associated with your sync activity, such as standard access logs that list IP addresses
- Customized recommendations: server accounts may use Zotero library data to suggest, based on your preferences, works of scholarship that might be of interest.
None of this information is shared with any third parties; it is used only to keep the Zotero server running smoothly.
- Your collections remain private unless you explicitly elect to share your collections with other Zotero server users
- Synchronizing your data to the Zotero server is optional, although synchronization is strongly recommended in order to provide backup, collaboration, and recommendation services
You can configure Zotero to:
- share or not share your collections with other Zotero server users for scholarly collaboration
- enable and disable recommendation services