Does Zotero offer installable packages of Zotero for specific Linux distributions?
No. Zotero is distributed as a tarball that can be extracted and run manually or packaged by others according to distribution-specific standards. Some that have been packaged are
- debian/ubuntu/some chromebooks
- https://github.com/retorquere/zotero-deb/ (replaces the retorquere PPA)
- Includes packages for Zotero and Juris-M
- Snap packages, usable on multiple distributions: https://snapcraft.io/zotero-snap
- Flatpack packages, usable on multiple distributions: https://flathub.org/apps/details/org.zotero.Zotero
sid/unstableno longer available
There is also a PPA: https://launchpad.net/~smathot/+archive/cogscinlno longer maintained; last version 5.0.60 And another PPA: https://launchpad.net/~retorquere/+archive/ubuntu/zotero ; includes package for both Zotero and Juris-Mmigrated (see above)
If your distro is not listed above, check if a package is already available. If so, please list it here; if not, please check if a packaging request has already been made (and consider making one if not), follow your distribution's guidelines for requesting a package.