Troubleshooting Issues with Zotero Translators
Eğer bir websitesinden yüksek kalitede üstveri (metadata) alamıyorsanız, büyük olasılıkla ya sayfa var olan bir translatorsZotero çevirmeni tarafından desteklenmiyordur, ya da sayfanın düzenlmesinde kısa bir süre önce yapılan bir değişiklik Zotero'nun üstveriyi tanıma yeteneğini kırmıştır. Problem birçok web sayfasında oluyorsa, Zotero kurulumunuzda da bir sorun olabilir.
Eğer üstveri kaydetmede sorunlarınız varsa, aşağıdaki adımları deneyiniz:
- Eğer tarayıcınızın araç çubuğunda bir “Save to Zotero” (“Zotero'ya kaydet”) düğmesi görmüyorsanız, tarayıcınızda Zotero Bağlayıcısını kurduğunuzdan emin olunuz. Zotero Bağlayıcısı tarayıcınızın Eklentiler
If you don't see a “Save to Zotero” button in your browser toolbar at all, make sure you've installed the Zotero Connector in your browser. The Zotero Connector should be listed in the browser's Extensions pane. You can install the appropriate Zotero Connector from the Zotero download page.
- If you only see a gray webpage icon, make sure the page has fully loaded. (Pressing your browser's stop button or pressing Esc on your keyboard can help if something on the page has stalled.) If it's still showing the webpage icon after loading, make sure you're looking at a supported site. If you're not sure, try a New York Times article or an Amazon product page.
- If you don't have the Zotero program open, try opening Zotero before saving. (If you haven't installed Zotero, you can do so from the download page.) While the Connector can save directly to your online library, you'll usually get better results saving to Zotero directly. If the Zotero Connector reports that Zotero is unavailable and tries to save to zotero.org, see Zotero Unavailable.
- Check for Zotero Connector updates from the Extensions pane of your browser, in case a new version of the Connector is available that you haven't yet received.
- Make sure you have an up-to-date version of your browser. See System Requirements for supported browser versions.
- If you're saving with Zotero open, check your Zotero version to make sure you have the latest version available from zotero.org. We can only troubleshoot translators that fail for the current 5.0.x version of Zotero.
- Check Known Translator Issues to see if problems have been noted on the site you're trying to save from.
- Hover your cursor over the “Save to Zotero” button. The tooltip shows which translator, if any, Zotero will use for the page you are viewing. If the displayed translator is incorrect, post the site name, a URL, and the name of the incorrectly detected translator to the Zotero forums. Note that “Web Page”, “Embedded Metadata,” “DOI,” and “COinS” are generic translators, and Zotero may not be able to save full metadata or PDFs from all sites on which they appear. A problem with a primary translator may cause a generic translator to be used instead.
- Make sure that your browser privacy settings are not blocking cookies. Some sites require you to accept third-party cookies in order to save.
- If you are having chronic problems getting the Zotero Connector to work across multiple sites, you may have an extension conflict. Try disabling all extensions except the Zotero Connector. If this solves the problem, re-enable the extensions one-by-one until you find the conflict, and then post the name of the extension that was causing the issue to the forums.
- In rare cases where you're seeing a webpage icon on all sites or saving is failing on all sites, there may be a problem with your translators. Select “Reset Translators” from the Advanced pane of the Zotero preferences (if applicable), and then do the same for the Zotero Connector. This isn't necessary as a regular troubleshooting step.
- If none of these solutions solve your problem, we'll need additional information to further debug your issue. Please create a new thread in the Zotero Forums — or use your existing thread if you've already created one — and provide the following:
- The exact URL of a page that isn't working (even if none are)
- A Debug ID from the Zotero Connector for a save attempt or, if you're only getting a webpage icon, for loading the page.
- What it says in the popup when you try to save (e.g., “Saving to My Library” or “Saving to zotero.org”)
- The name of the translator from step 8, if applicable