This is an old revision of the document!
Plugins for Zotero
Note: for apps and plugins for mobile devices, see mobile.
- Qnotero, by Sebastiaan Mathôt.
- Access your Zotero library from your desktop.
Import/Export of Item Metadata & Attachments
- ZotFile, by Joscha Legewie.
- Zotero plugin to automatically rename, move, and attach PDFs (or other files) to Zotero items.
- AutoZotBib, by Robin Wilson
- Keeps a BibTeX output file automatically in-sync with your Zotero library
- Caution: Users with larger libraries report very long (several minutes) delays when creating new items in Zotero with this plugin enabled
- Zotero Scholar Citations, by Anton Beloglazov.
- Add Google Scholar citation counts to items in your Zotero library.
- Report Cleaner, by Jason Priem.
- Web form to customize your Zotero reports.
- Delicious Library Export, by fparsons.
- Export items from Delicious Library into Zotero.
- Zotero Autoexport, by Robert Kühn.
- Zotero plugin to export automatically by time or changings
- postprocessing by external scripts
- Zotero Item History, by Frank Bennett.
- Zotero plugin adding item browsing history buttons (“back” and “forward”) to Zotero.
- Source code and basic documentation here
- ZoteroQuickLook, by Mikko Ronkko.
- Zotero plugin adding Quick Look functionality to Zotero.
- Zutilo, by Will S
- Adds additional editing functions and exposes Zotero function for uses with keyconfig or similar plugins.
- Paper Machines, by Chris Johnson-Roberson.
- A Zotero extension for analysis and visualization in the digital humanities.
- Zotero Maps, by Entropy Free LLC and Zotero.
- Explore your Zotero items on a map.
- Download the last version here.
- SEASR Analytics for Zotero, by Boris Capitanu.
- Analyze Zotero items in the SEASR Analytics environment.
- Warning: There are multiple reports for this plugin interfering with Zotero's quick copy ability
- VUE 3 Plugin for Zotero, by Mike Korcynski.
- Mind-map your Zotero items.
- Zotpress, by Katie Seaborn.
- WordPress plugin to show Zotero citations on WordPress (with an optional thumbnail image).
- COinS Metadata Exposer, by Zotero.
- WordPress plugin to embed a COinS tag in each blog post, making metadata visible to Zotero (post title, author, date, blog title, categories, and URL).
- ScholarPress Coins, by CHNM.
- COinS WordPress Plugin, by Peter Binkley.
- WordPress plugin to embed a COinS tag to something other than the blog post itself (such as a journal article or book). The COinS entries can be made in the post editor.
- Open Book, by John Miedema.
- WordPress Plugin to display a book's cover image, title, author, publisher and other metadata from Open Library.
- WordPress unAPI Server, by Mike Giarlo and Peter Binkley.
- WordPress Plugin to exposes blog metadata via unAPI.
- Drupal module that provides one-way syncing from Zotero to Drupal's biblio module.
- Omeka plugin to import items from from Zotero into an Omeka repository.
Word Processor Integration
- word processor plugins, by Zotero.
- Cite items from your Zotero library in Microsoft Word and/or LibreOffice/OpenOffice.org.
- zotero-plain, by Erik Hetzner.
- LyZ, by Petr Šimon.
- Zotero plugin for integration with the LyX TeX editor.
- Zot2Bib, by George MacKerron.
- Zotero plugin for integration with the BibDesk bibliographic manager for Mac OS X.
- Abbreviation Filter, by Frank Bennett.
Plugins listed below are known to have been abandoned and are incompatible with current versions of Zotero, or are otherwise unsuitable for general use.
|Vertov: Annotate Media Files||Concordia Digital History Lab||Project Home||Media annotating plugin for Zotero. This plugin is currently not maintained and does not work with Zotero 2.x.|
|ZoteroExport||Viktor Nagy||Project Home||Adds additional export options for attachments, e.g. to export files to e-book readers.|
|Zotero To GROK Codex||Fitzgerald Steele||Project Home||Export references directly into the GROK Codex. This plugin is currently not maintained and does not work with Zotero 2.x.|
|Zotz||Ryan Lee||Project Home |
|Publish citations from Zotero to a SIMILE Exhibit in one step. Works only with Firefox 2, and therefore is incompatible with Zotero 2.x.|
|Microsoft Word and OpenOffice.org Integration|
|ZoteroFlock.dot||Paul B. Hartzog||Project Home||Created to allow Zotero to be used with Microsoft Word Processor when installed under Flock. Newer releases of the Zotero word processor plugins have made this plugin redundant.|
|Simple Style Generator||Maxime Rigo||Simple Style Generator||A wizard to create CSL 0.8.1 styles. The Simple Style Generator is currently not maintained and is known to create invalid CSL styles.|