This is an old revision of the document!
Zotero for iOS Beta
Want to help test Zotero for iOS? Sign up to be a beta tester and you'll receive an email when we're ready for you.
Zotero for iOS, currently in beta, is the best way to work with your Zotero library on an iPad or iPhone.
Please note: This is an early beta, and you shouldn't use it if you're in the middle of an important project. Make sure that you've made a backup of your Zotero data directory on your computer before connecting the app to your Zotero account.
Zotero for iOS lets you work with your Zotero data no matter where you are:
- Sync your personal and group libraries
- View and edit metadata
- Search and sort your items
- Organize items into collections
- Edit notes
- View PDFs, snapshots, and other files
- Annotate PDFs with highlight, note, and image annotations (currently available in My Library only)
- Save high-quality metadata and PDFs from the web to Zotero via the Share button in Safari
Back on your computer, you can add PDF annotations you've made on your iPad or iPhone to Zotero notes and insert those notes into your word processor document with active Zotero citations. Be sure to install the Zotero Beta on your computer and enable the new PDF reader from the General pane of the Zotero preferences.
A future version of the app will add the ability to generate citations and bibliographies from items in your library.
Please post to the Zotero Forums with any bug reports or feature requests. Be sure to mention “iOS”, “iPad”, or “iPhone” in your thread title.
Thanks for helping us test Zotero for iOS!