Ian Pattrick : Curriculum Vitae
Content analysis a Qualitative Research - An Overview
Research is always the best way when you have to write an essay, a paper or an analysis. It helps you in finding facts and figures and then base your opinion according to that. Throughout school, students are given this chance to do better at writing and assignments to polish their skills.
Some students are great at writing and expressing data and their thoughts with the help of words and numbers while others struggle to do so. If you are from the latter group, then you can do one thing and it is to seek help from a professional writer. You can ask him/her to essay writer. There are many reliable sources for that and they can help you with your assignment or activity.
There are two types of research. One is quantitative and the other is qualitative research. In qualitative research, facts and specific figures are not used to present or explain something rather emotions and opinions of people are taken into account. It has no direct way of doing it and can differ from an individual’s approach to approach.
Qualitative research has many key points or tips that one should keep in mind and follow to do better at that. Content analysis is a part of it. It basically means to search a certain word or theme in the given text etc. and then analyze its purpose and occurrence.
Using the content analysis, people who are doing research can analyze and quantify the meaning, relationship and presence of specific/certain themes or words and how they are used. This helps in detecting biases and to get to know the mindset of the writer.
There could be different sources of data for the content analysis. You can use interviews, books, headlines, essays and online essay writer as well. One thing should be kept in mind that you do not have to get biased while doing the analysis. Just stick to what has been written and find the purpose and meaning of your selected words.
There could be many different uses for content analysis such as:
- Helps in identifying the purpose and intention of the writer, communication trend and focus of an individual or a group.
- It reveals what are the main patterns in communication content.
- It helps in identifying the emotional and psychological state of groups or a person.
- Content analysis determines the behavioral and attitudinal responses to something specific or communications.
The steps for doing/conducting a content analysis are:
- Decide on what word(s) or theme you would want to base your analysis on.
- Make codes for small chunks of data or information and do the analysis on them one by one.
- Decide how many total concepts you would want to code for. Do not go extra crazy here by making an excessive number of codes, rather stick to the basics.
- You have to decide whether you would want to code for a frequency of word/concept or for existence.
- Start distinguishing between the concepts you have selected.
- Determine specific rules for coding the text.
- Then decide what you want to do with the extra irrelevant information.
- Code the text finally.
- Then form your basis and analyze the results you got.
Conducting a content analysis is not tough. All you have to do is to put in some effort and focus. If you want help you can do that online just like you essay writer free. Professionals would be more than willing to help you out.
If you stick to the basics and do not let your focus, get distracted then you would be good to go. Content analysis comes handy in terms of qualitative research. Good luck, mate!